Do you ever find yourself wishing there were more than 24 hours in a day? There’s no magic formula to manifest more time, but you can learn to use the time you have more effectively.
As a business owner, you’ve got a million things on your plate – which is why it makes sense to simplify your efforts with time management tools. Whether you’re looking to increase productivity or simply stay organised, time management apps can help make your life as an entrepreneur a little easier.
Take back control of your day with these time management apps from Shopify.com:
Clear is a simple, well-designed to-do list app that makes it easy to stay on top of everything you need to accomplish.
Life can get hectic, but Clear helps you see your goals as a series of straightforward, step-by-step processes. You can organize your daily tasks into separate categories using themed lists, giving you a quick look at exactly what you need to do next.
One of Clear’s greatest strengths is a fully customizable and easy-to-use interface. Using simple gestures, you can add and complete tasks without a second thought.
- Clear organizes your life into digestible categories, making it possible to conquer your goals one step at a time.
- Clear syncs with your iCloud account, eliminating the need to constantly update your to-do list on all of your devices when you complete a task.
- Clear keeps you accountable with reminders and push notifications that stop you from overlooking what you really need to get done.
Workflow is a highly customizable app that shaves time off of the complicated things you do every day.
With Workflow, you can create unique homescreen shortcuts on your phone that perform batches of tasks in one click. Whether you want Google Maps to automatically pull up directions for your next meeting or you need your entire camera roll backed up on Dropbox, you’ll be able to create custom apps that take care of whatever you need.
Workflow boasts over 200 actions and integrations with apps like Facebook, Uber, and YouTube.
- Workflow cuts down on wasted time by automating the complex tasks you do on your phone.
- Workflow is quick and easy, letting you create new apps and shortcuts with simple drag-and-drop commands.
- Workflow is versatile and can operate from inside other apps like Safari and Evernote.
Clara is an artificially intelligent email app that schedules and coordinates your meetings.
Booking meetings is tough work—finding free time in your own schedule is hard enough, but coordinating with someone else’s schedule is even worse. Clara takes the legwork out of setting up meetings by automatically handling the tedious back-and-forth emails that you sink time into every day.
Simply CC Clara on any email and it’ll start the process of setting up a meeting right away.
- Clara is a reliable way to free up your inbox and help you spend less time sending email.
- Clara lets you focus on getting stuff done instead of worrying about your schedule.
- Clara feels like a real person with natural language capabilities that won’t confuse recipients.
Wunderlist is a collaborative to-do list app that helps you coordinate with your friends, family, and teammates.
When it comes to getting stuff done, you’re no longer alone. Wunderlist lets you track, complete, and share your goals at the click of a button. You can also assign tasks, add comments, and set due dates and reminders for your team.
- Wunderlist keeps your whole team in the loop by letting you share, comment, and collaborate on any task or to-do list.
- Wunderlist is available on almost every platform meaning that it works on all of your devices and for all of your team members.
- Wunderlist makes sure you don’t forget anything with customizable due dates and reminders.
RescueTime is a time-tracking app that records how and where you spend your time online.
Looking for a better work-life balance? RescueTime analyzes everything you do in a day—from which apps you use to how much time you spend on your favourite websites. If you want to eliminate the distractions in your life and get your work done quicker, RescueTime is a fantastic way to discover exactly which behaviours have been holding you back from living more efficiently.
To help you focus on hitting your goals, RescueTime can even temporarily block your go-to procrastination websites.
- RescueTime stops you from wasting time with reminders that alert you when you’re spending too much time on a specific task.
- RescueTime gives you a better understanding of how you spend your dayby providing you with in-depth reports and daily highlights.
- RescueTime helps you get stuff done quicker by finding new ways for you to organize your day and spend your time properly.
Timely is an innovative time-tracking app that not only keeps tabs on how long projects take, but also helps you organize your workweek more efficiently.
Timely lays out your workweek in advance and lets you estimate how much time you’ll need to set aside to tackle your daily tasks. As you track your time, you’ll be able to compare your predictions with how long it actually took you and plan your schedule better in the future.
This top-down approach to time-tracking lets you manage your time more effectively and put an end to projects that run wild and out-of-scope.
- Timely keeps your team on track and gives you a more realistic idea of how much time projects eat up.
- Timely holds you accountable to the amount of time that you set aside for work.
- Timely helps you understand how your workweek really plays out and helps you plan your next one.
Trello is a flexible project management web application that lets you easily sort through your tasks and collaborate with your teammates.
Instead of getting lost in a mess of emails and Slack messages, Trello visualizes your projects as lists pinned to digital bulletin boards. Each list is made up of individual posts called cards. They can represent anything from tasks to ideas to goals. Team members can add comments, attachments, checklists, and custom labels to cards, keeping everyone on the same page.
Whether you’re looking for a way to track the progress of big projects or organize your latest brainstorming session, Trello can be customized to fit your team.
- Trello is fully customizable. Every business is different and Trello adapts to your needs, whatever they may be.
- Trello keeps you organized by consolidating all of your projects and team communication into a single environment.
- Trello makes every project easy to follow and lets your digest entire workflows at a glance.
8. Google Now
Google Now is an intelligent voice-powered assistant that processes complicated requests and uses your behaviour to predict what information you’ll need before you even ask for it.
With Google’s vast data network behind it, Google Now is able to pre-emptively serve you the information that it thinks is most relevant to you. From sports scores to nearby restaurants to traffic conditions for your morning commute, Google Now frees up your time by taking care of all the little things in your day.
Google Now is also fully integrated with the Google app ecosystem, letting you set Google Calendar events, dictate notes, and more.
Why Google Now?
- Google Now gives you more time to focus on your work by giving you the information you need without making you dive into search results first.
- Google Now is always ready to help, whether you need to make restaurant reservations or you’re trying to remember where you parked your car.
- Google Now automatically adapts to your behaviour and delivers you a unique and fully customized experience that changes as quickly as you do.
Pocket is a bookmarking app that lets you save articles to read later.
Even on your most productive days, it’s easy to be thrown completely off track by one fascinating piece of content. Pocket lets you save everything that looks interesting in one place, so that you can read it later and get your work out of the way first.
Pocket works with over 1500 different apps, so no matter where you find it, you’ll be able to save it for later.
- Pocket stops you from getting distracted by giving you the option to save what you’re looking at for later and make the most of your time.
- Pocket helps you organize your day and separate work time from learning time.
- Pocket makes it easy to discover new content, so when you do finally decide to dive in, you’ll have no shortage of reading material.
Small changes can yield big results for your business. Try implementing a few of these tools into your routine today.
Find more time management and business tips at Shopify.com.